Carrollton Bank respects its customers' privacy and has taken the necessary steps to safeguard customer information. In accordance with federal regulations, we are providing this notice to tell you how we collect and use information about you or your account. The federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 requires financial institutions to provide a privacy notice to consumers. Since Carrollton Bank does not sell or otherwise share any customer information outside what is permitted by law, this is strictly a notice and no action is required by you.
The following privacy disclosure outlines our bank’s practice regarding personally identifiable information for consumers and those consumers who become our customers.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IS ANY INFORMATION:
- a consumer provides to Carrollton Bank to obtain a financial product or service from Carrollton Bank;
- resulting from a transaction involving a financial product or service between Carrollton Bank and a consumer; or
- that Carrollton Bank otherwise obtains about a consumer in connection with providing a financial product or service to that consumer.
TYPES OF INFORMATION THE BANK COLLECTS:
At Carrollton Bank, we collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, and Social Security number;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your account balance and payment history; and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
TYPES OF INFORMATION THE BANK DISCLOSES:
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. Federal law allows us to disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
SPECIAL INFORMATION APPLICABLE TO INTERNET BANKING:
Carrollton Bank's "Privacy Principles" will apply to customers' confidential and private information with regard to both traditional and non-traditional (i.e., Internet) banking activities. However, due to the unique nature of the Internet and the ease with which information can be exchanged, Carrollton Bank feels it is important for customers to be aware of the unique issues surrounding Internet banking.
To better serve legitimate Internet banking customers:
- Carrollton Bank collects generic information about visitors to our Web site. This information includes the date and time of access, the Internet service provider's address, the web browser used, and the visitor's physical location.
- Carrollton Bank requires customers to utilize specific passwords for access to confidential and private information. Carrollton Bank reminds customers of their responsibility to safeguard Login IDs and passwords. In addition, commercial customers should carefully screen those employees to whom Login IDs and passwords are granted.
Carrollton Bank utilizes encryption, firewall, router, third-party verification procedures and other security software and hardware to help prevent unauthorized eavesdropping of and access to customers' confidential and private information.
Carrollton Bank utilizes virus protection software to help prevent the spread of computer viruses.
Carrollton Bank utilizes "cookies" to help authenticate our customers' identities and to help facilitate the exchange of information between Carrollton Bank systems and our customers' systems.
Carrollton Bank reminds all of our customers that links in the institution's Web sites can be found to Web sites not under our control. These Web sites will not necessarily comply with Carrollton Bank's "Privacy Principles" and security standards.
Carrollton Bank reminds all of our customers that confidential and private information may be comprised in both traditional and non-traditional banking activities. Carrollton Bank can only establish policies and procedures to help restrict use of and access to confidential and private information. If any of our customers believe that confidential and private information has been compromised, please contact Carrollton Bank immediately so that the potential breach can be investigated.